[DeTomaso] Fuel Pump

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Mar 18 16:11:24 EDT 2010

In a message dated 3/17/10 6:35:33 PM, ncpantera at bellsouth.net writes:

> Does anyone recall any business that sells an in tank fuel pump, attached
> to the pickup tube?

No, but I wrote a POCA Newsletter article a year or so back, describing
which factory pump to use for a carbureted Pantera, and how it could be so
installed. It still works fine in our '72, by the way. I imagine that any
Pantera parts vendor could do this custom job for you. Any Pantera doing this mod
WILL need the rear quarter window glass out for easy installation- unless
the engine, ZF and tank are sitting on stands in your garage.
Two caveats: factory pumps are the only ones small enough to fit thru an
unmolested tank opening, and wiring the pump absolutely requires a separate
12v power line from the fuse box, NOT off the coil or other existing wiring
close by. Call around- J DeRyke