[DeTomaso] NPC. What One Man Is Doing About The Health Care Bill Fiasco.

Daniel Miller classicmusclecars at att.net
Thu Mar 18 09:55:40 EDT 2010

I know
this forum is not supposed to be the place for political things, but I
wanted to let you all know what one man is doing about the Governments
health care bill issue going on right now.  His name is Ralph Mittman,
he lives in Ramona CA, he owns a couple of small businesses locally,
and he simply has had enough.  rmittman at mac.com
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

    So many of us have stood around and asked each other "what can
we do?" in relationship to what the congress is about to try and push
upon us. The health care bill is bad enough, but the way they are
trying to do it is simply over the top. They say they are going to try
and make some sort of a vote by Saturday or Sunday.
   Well,
I have started a movement to try to get as many people as possible from
all around the country to drive to DC to try and jam the roads,
freeways and arteries of the Capital. I want congress to feel like the
country is literally descending upon them.
   I was on Roger
Hedgecock's national radio show this afternoon and I informed him of
the drive. Hopefully many people heard it there.
   By the
time you read this, I will be on the road. What would really help is if
each and every one of you would do WHATEVER you can to spread the word
of this "Drive for Freedom" in order to try to get as many people as
possible to simply drop everything and put some clothes, food and drink
in a car in order to be involved in the largest traffic jam in history.

Yes, it would be VERY easy to see this as a futile effort. You would
probably be right to see it as such. But I don't know what else I can
do. We have to try something.

   The next hours and days are CRITICAL!

Please don't assume anybody else will do any of these things. Imagine
that you are the only one who is reading this e-mail. Whatever can you
do to help, in even the smallest way, is a HUGE help.
   Time
is so short, don't wait to hear what is being done or what anybody else
might be doing. If you can think of ANYTHING, move forward with it,
don't wait for other input. There simply is no time for planning or
even coordination. Just Go for it!

   Things you can do:

1.  Call talk shows to let them know about it and to get people talking about the "drive to the capitol."
Rush Limbaugh: 1-800-282-2882
Sean Hannity: 1-800-941-7326
Roger Hedgecock: 1-877-847-6437
Michael Medved: 1-800-955-1776
Glenn Beck: 888-727-2325
Dennis Miller: 1-866-509-7268 (Tell Dennis that this is a modern day "Vanishing Point." He will enjoy the reference).
Any other shows you can think of...

2.
If you know anybody who can do anything via web sites or mobile
communications, let them know. There are plenty of smart people out
there who's knowledge and technical abilities can help us greatly.

3.
E-mail whoever you can to tell them to help spread the word to get
others to start driving. Obviously the farther east people live, the
easier it will be for them to do it.

4. If you
belong to any of the social networks, (twitter etc.) let everybody that
follows you, know about "The Drive to the Capitol."  and try to get
them to let people know about it. The more people who know about it,
the more people will be able to actually get in their car and go.

5.
Encourage people to come up with other ideas of how to spread the word.
I will not be able to do as much once I get on the road so I need all
of you to do what you can. Remember, you may not know a "key" person,
but someone you tell might know someone. Let's use the power of
networking.

6. Remind people to take food,
water and sleeping bags. Because if we get lucky and it actually works,
we hope that it is a parking lot in and around DC.

7. Call me whenever you want to find out where I am at along the way.

8.
If you can afford it, and it is too late to start driving from where
you are at, fly back somewhere close to DC there and rent a car to
drive in.

9. Can anybody get a bunch of
truckers to head that way? They are good at this type of thing. If you
know any truckers who might help, let them know and tell them to just
run with it.

10. Call news stations and ask
why they are not covering the drive of people moving across the
country. Tell them to search the web for information. Hopefully there
will be more and more information popping up as the next hours and days
pass.

11. Call Republican Senators and Representatives and let them know we need them to help spread the word on this movement.

12. Get the word out. Get people to start driving.

13. Don't send money to anybody for anything, it is too late for that now. Only action can make any difference from here on in.

know that this seems silly, and it may be, but I really don't know of
anything else we can do at this point. Trust me I know that everybody
is probably in the same boat here. Honestly, I don't have the time for
this. I really should NOT be doing this at all. I really can't afford
the time or the money. But, I've voted, I've called and I've e-mailed.
I don't now what else to do.

Thank you for reading this far along.

See you next week! ;-)
...Ralph