[DeTomaso] funny listing response? yellow L car

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Tue Mar 16 18:20:44 EDT 2010

I remember seeing an add in Road & Track.  There was a picture of an old
barn with a Porsche 356 covered in dust with flat tires but in apparently
great shape. The ad went something like this:  You break down on a country
road and walk to a farm house to call a tow truck.  You see this old Porsche
through an open barn door. After some idle chit chat with the farmer you
find out that his son parked it there when he went off to Vietnam and was
killed. It hadn't moved in over 40 years.  He needs the space, but just
couldn't bring himself to sell it. You assure him that you will honor his
son by fixing it up and driving it.  He agrees that it would honor him and
you ask him how much he would like for it.  He says, just take it.  As you
reach for the phone to ask for a double flat bed tow
truck........poof.......you wake up from the dream.

All of you are going to kick yourselves if this is real.