[DeTomaso] Would you race if you could rent a Pantera?

LaurieFerrari at aol.com LaurieFerrari at aol.com
Tue Mar 16 11:50:55 EDT 2010

Thank you Ron! That's a great story. So I'm not so crazy after  all.  : )
--------------------------------------

In a message dated 3/16/2010 7:52:42 A.M. Pacific Daylight Time,
RFogle1 at aol.com writes:

Fifteen years ago or so I sold a Honda CRX Si to a guy who came to  pick it
up in a race trailer.  I asked him what he was going to do with  it and he
said he would strip it down, install a roll cage, do some engine  mods, and
rent it out to guys who wanted to race on the weekends at Wolf  Ledges, a
local track.  My car was going to be the fifth in his  stable.  He offered me
a chance to drive it on the track and I never took  him up on it.... Big
mistake, in hindsight.  It would have been a lot of  fun.  He was a Honda
mechanic and I guess it turned out to be quite a  business for him.  I went to
his shop one time and he was looking at  buying a semi to move the cars.
State Troopers said he was overloading  his dually pickup hauling them around.
Lots of Doctor,  Lawyer, professional types want to try weekend racing,
without the burden of  actually buying and maintaining the car.

Ron
Akron