[DeTomaso] Longchamp fuelswitch electrical

Espen Graffer espeng at getmail.no
Mon Mar 15 17:54:04 EDT 2010

I agree, that's cool! :-)

But, I also don't agree. Me thinks the twin fuel system is quite cool. If
one fuelpump lets you down, you simply switch to the other one.

I have a schematic from a late Deauville, but I guess your Longchamp is
equal. It's rather simple. The switch routes power to either fuelpump (from
fuse #2), and at the same time switches signal from same side tank to the
instrument.

I will try to photo the schematic and send to you. Send your thanks to Jan
Krakevik ( http://www.jancarfactory.com/ ), who sent me the copy of the
schematic. You will find pictures of a Longchamp on his webpage.

espen in norway
deauville #02164

-----------------

> I have 1972 Long champ that my father purchased new in 72.  Can anyone
> help me get the electrical schematics or information regarding the wiring
for
> the fuel switch on the dash?
>

>>>That's cool!   Can you tell us more about the car?   VIN?   Photos?
Yours must be among the first Longchamps made.   Where did your father buy
it?

Longchamp information is pretty hard to come by.   Steve Wilkinson
(www.panterasbywilkinson.com) *might* have a Longchamp wiring diagram?

One of the annoying things about the Longchamp/Deauville is the twin fuel
tanks which aren't connected.   A popular modification is to rig up a
balance
pipe between the two tanks, which eliminates the need for the switches on
the dash.