[DeTomaso] SHE RUNS!!!!

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se
Mon Mar 15 02:43:01 EDT 2010

Mad Dog Antenucci skrev:
> Dick and I started and ran the Cleveland stroker in the Pantera for half an hour today.  Balanced TB's on EFI. Good news is the engine started up all most immediately.
>
> A couple challenges for next weekend :
>
> 1.    The Bosch efi fuel pump otherwise previous silent service started making  rattling noise - will replace next weekend - its 2 years old.
>
> 2.    Fuel sprays out of frame rail on initial engine start up - replaced O ring seals with new....leak stops....again 2 years old...;-O
>
> 3.   Replaced Canton filter element in 1-mic filter and could not original  element  'O-ring' ring back in place...replaced with new
>
> 3.      Will send some photo's of new 180 headers to AJ to post
>
> Wondering if others (the ones who still drive their cars!) with high pressure fuel systems  have had similar short life on rubber O rings exposed to fuel?

I use the Ford designed high pressure quick-connect fittings, with OEM
O-rings, and they have never leaked. I installed them in 2001, and they
were already used at the time. Some of them are probably from the 90:s.

I also use hard plastic fuel lines, which are just pressed/shrinked to
the fittings, and they have given me zero problems.

> NOTE TO SELF - REPLACE ALL O RING SEALS EXPOSED TO FUEL UNDER HIGH PRESSURE.
>

> Mad Dawg Antenucci
> Team Pantera Racing
> "No One Gets Out Alive"
> www.teampanteraracing.com