[DeTomaso] Valentine V1 radar-service experience

Larry Finch fresnofinches at aol.com
Sat Mar 13 12:54:04 EST 2010

I want to share a positive vendor experience; how is THAT for different?

I purchased my Valentine V1 radar detector directly from Valentine
sometime back in 2003. Best $400 spent on my car, and the safety of my
driving record.

Recently, it was failing to activate for the local school-zone radars,
and was not giving me long distance notice of the CHP radar on my
trips up to the PCNC events.

I called them (they had my information in their data bank) and they
said to send it back, with a measly $45 check and they would inspect
and repair as needed and send it back.

Well, about a week later it was back home. Looked no different, had no
indication of what (if any) work had been done, and they had returned
my check.

Improved? Heck yes! School zone radar is now registering two blocks
away, and CHP is no longer popping up so damn close.

Nice to find a firm that stands behind their product, and even better
when they do it for free.

Larry