[DeTomaso] Pantera Sales Numbers for Canada Erik Anderson

Barry Seib oldwheel at mts.net
Fri Mar 12 16:13:47 EST 2010

>> I have read that a decision was made by Lincoln Mercury (Ford) in 1971
not to import the Pantera officially to Canada. They judged this market to
be too small to be worthwhile. However, they did facillitate the purchase
and importation of some shipments of Panteras by a large Ontario (Toronto ?)
Lincoln Mercury dealer and he sold and shipped them to other L/M dealers in
Canada. I know Wiley Mercury in Winnipeg sold one and probably more.

Barry

----
Pardon me if this has been discussed before, but (being a Canuck) I was
asked how many cats were sold via Canadian Lincoln Mercury dealers over
the years.  I have no idea!

Btw, my dad worked for a Lincoln Mercury dealer in Saskatchewan and he
thinks they sold one car for sure ... possibly two.

Anyone have a more accurate breakdown or estimation?

Thanks,
EA