[DeTomaso] ZF HALF SHAFT BOLTS

LEVITT1946 at aol.com LEVITT1946 at aol.com
Thu Mar 11 15:50:18 EST 2010

Dear Group,

I wrote last night asking how the Half Shaft bolts are removed. Currently
the bolt heads are facing the ZF .When I try to get the bolts out the head
touches the ZF and I cannot get the bolt out of the hole .

One reply said to use a cutting wheel to cut the bolt and then remove.If I
do that ,how am I going to get the new bolts in place .

Is there a trick to removal ? Should it really be this hard or did a
previous owner put the bolts in backward and the head of the bolts need to face
the outside of the car ?

Regards to all,
Robert
Gumball3000 #56