[DeTomaso] [bad text]

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Thu Mar 11 13:45:41 EST 2010

> In a message dated 3/11/10 8:36:30 AM, jefude at bellsouth.net writes:
>
>  I am about to pull the radiator for a small leak repair on #4134.   What
> is the general consensus on the use of rubber vs. urethane on radiator
> mounts. I would think the urethane being more rigid would not be as optimal as
> rubber......

I agree. Rubber gives better shock-absorbing than even the softest poly
mounts. No one I know of has yet tested the amount of shock that a radiator can
accept before distorting or cracking. Here's your chance to do so! Poly is
good but not appropriate in several areas of the Pantera. But rubber mounrs
won't last forever, especially in areas of high industry (ozone & sulfur),
so check them occasionally.... and if they're cracking, likely so are most of
the other rubber insulators in the car. Good luck- J DeRyke