[DeTomaso] [bad text]

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Mar 11 11:39:05 EST 2010

In a message dated 3/11/10 8:36:30 AM, jefude at bellsouth.net writes:

> I am about to pull the radiator for a small leak repair on #4134.
> What is the general consensus on the use of rubber vs. urethane on the
> radiator mounts.
> It seems that the venders are pushing urethane (which I am currently
> using). I would think the urethane being more rigid would not be as optimal as
> rubber and give a little more flex.

I think the vendors push the poly mounts because their cost is so low and
their markup can be substantially higher.   All other things being equal, I
think that rubber is probably a better choice here.   Some of the poly
radator mounts I've seen have been extremely hard, which sort of defeats the
purpose.

Having said that, I can't say I've ever heard of a failure attributed to
poly mounts, so maybe they're fine?