[DeTomaso] Has anyone used Marino's Offset Front Bushings toIncrease Cast

Thomas Tornblom Thomas.Tornblom at hax.se
Thu Mar 11 11:22:53 EST 2010

Julian Kift skrev:
> Thomas,
>
> That sounds more like it from the offset bushings, +1 degree total from
> stock. I don't believe you can get the previously reported 1.5
> degress each top and bottom from them, there simply isn't sufficient
> movement fore and aft within the mounting tabs to provide that.
>
> This discussion has me curious to what I actually acheived with the dual
> mod, so I'll have to measure at some point. Certainly the a-arm mod
> provided a .75" rearward movement of the upper ball joint as I used .75"
> aluminum stock to make up the new spacer.

If the distance between the upper and lower ball joint is 12"
(guesstimate), then moving the upper joint .75" will result in a change
of about 3.6°.

So by modifying the upper A-arm, and moving the upper joint .75"
backwards, I'm looking at around +6.6° of caster, which perhaps is a bit
excessive, but I should be able to adjust it by moving the shims around.

> Julian

Thomas