[DeTomaso] zf half shaft bolts

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 10 22:47:42 EST 2010

By the fact your are asking I am assuming that like mine your inboard half shaft bolts are in the factory position i.e. bolts mounted through the stub axle from the transaxle side. It is a PITA and not immediately evident that they can even come out of there, but you have to rotate the stub axle and take each one out in a specific position against the zf and even then whilst removing it you have to rotate the stub axle ever so slightly. There is only one sweet spot on the lower forward side of the transaxle IIRC. It's real difficult to explain in writing but a quick sigh and "oh I see" if someone shows you....

See how you go and if you can't put your finger on it I'll go take some photo's of my spare ZF with a bolt in hand.

Julian