[DeTomaso] Has anyone used Marino's Offset Front Bushings toIncrease Castor

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Tue Mar 9 18:34:43 EST 2010

I did the mod as practiced by Johnny Woods, separating the two halves, using a press to straighten one half and welding back together. Then fabricating a spacer of 3/4", so the ball joint moves back that amount. Not to take anything away from Johnny's skills but I found it a fairly easy task. I also incorporated a fixed camber lock into the design as Johnny had done.

See his post and photo's here at the PI forum...

http://pantera.infopop.cc/eve/forums?a=displayalbum&topic_oid=9830021654&f=1510042044&x_view=slideshow&x_startwith=1

This guy did something similar with a new piece of channel as opposed to straightening the existing one.

http://pantera.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1510042044/m/2320074385?r=2320074385#2320074385

I have not physically measured caster, but I estimated on paper 5.5 degrees from the arc the 3/4" ball joint shift made about the spindle, then probably another degree from offset bushings.

Julian