[DeTomaso] Has anyone used Marino's Offset FrontBushings toIncrease Castor

Charles McCall charlesmccall at gmail.com
Tue Mar 9 17:13:46 EST 2010

I only did the offset bushings and I would say that it was a definite
improvement but I wouldn't call it a night and day difference. So I guess
that the trick is to do both.

The other thing to check is to see if you have play in your steering rack.
Mine wasn't worn but was improperly shimmed. Tomas Gunnarsson helped me
correct that a few years back, and *that* difference was large enough that
it was noticed from the passenger seat by my wife.

If you have any slop in your steering rack in a wide body car, the geometry
will make you dart back and forth from one end of the play to the other.

Charles McCall
1985 DeTomaso Pantera GT5-S #9375
"Raising Pantera Awareness Across Europe"