[DeTomaso] PI Motorsport Rims and my calipers

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Tue Mar 9 02:14:34 EST 2010

> In a message dated 3/8/10 5:14:14 PM, rob at dumoulins.net writes:
>
> Pics of the rim, hub, and rotor are the bottom two pics on the page (page
> 1) http://www.cardomain.com/ride/3341642/1

If you really like those wheels (or the $1000-$1500 it'll take to replace
them). you can either fabricate a couple of metal cups that fit under the
wheel & protrude thru the hole, then glue a cut-down DeTomaso logo badge on the
front of the cups. Fortunately, you only need two   of these for the
fronts. It may even be possible to somehow fasten logo-covers to the dust caps,
leaving a small space between their backside and the wheel. From 10 ft away,
the space will be invisible.
Second way is to space the wheel outboard enough to let a flat logo cover
fit on the wheel- and the flat cover will also need to be glued on. 3-M
Weatherstrip adhesive works well and allows removal (with some difficulty). This
will also require longer wheel studs to compensate for the spacer thickness.
All are do-able if you're handy. FWIW, I like your wheels.
Q#2- the calipers are stock iron Girlings for Panteras- quite advanced for
the early '70s. Good Luck- J DeRyke