[DeTomaso] Headlight Raising Speed

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Mar 7 23:04:20 EST 2010

In a message dated 3/7/10 6 08 26, rob at dumoulins.net writes:

> Out of curiosity, I added a spring between the radiator mount and
> the gear assembly where the motor attaches.  It takes less effort to raise
> now and still closes all the way. I've got a week to wait until my new
> parts
> come in to tell how it works with the motor.  Has anybody else done this
> and
> if so, do the headlights come up quicker?

I suspect you won't see any difference.   The speed that the lights go up
and down is driven solely by the speed that the motor turns; unless your
motor was really weak, I suspect your lights went up and down at the same speed,
and that speed will likely be unchanged.   The motor has tremendous
mechanical advantage through the gear reduction.