[DeTomaso]   Powder coating Campy Clones - Re:  Weld

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sun Mar 7 23:03:58 EST 2010

In a message dated 3/6/10 12 30 15, JDeRyke at aol.com writes:

> I once asked Marino of Pantera East if there was any savings on
> UNPOLISHED
> Campy-clone wheels, as I also like the 'stock' look. He said they all come
> polished from the maker, and it would cost extra to sand-blast them for
> paint.

Yes--he told me that the wheels have knife-sharp edges when they come out
of the machining process, and have to be polished just to round those edges
off.   No way to get them any cheaper unfortunately.

But if I got a set, I'd definitely paint or powdercoat them.

Mike (rollin' on 10-inch Campys forever!)