[DeTomaso] NPC Shipping Wheels

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sun Mar 7 21:15:11 EST 2010

I just shipped a set of Pantera wheels with tires Reno to NY. Cheapest method was via UPS Ground, by splitting the shipment into two boxes. Each box weighed 123lbs and total shipping cost was $250, I had to let the air out the tires to save weight... :>) actually I had to let the air out to keep below 26" x 26" x 26" as above that a large package handling fee kicks in and it's another $50 per box. I know this as UPS tried to come back and charge me it after the shipment was delivered, some choice words to their customer service and they recinded.

Play around with the UPS online shipping estimating calculator to see if it's cheaper in two boxes or the one.

Here's a WAG on the wheels, JJ is often a profile code and could TB be Thunderbird? Not sure why they would be 10 lug, more likely they are actually dual 5 lugs as some manufacturers will do a dual lug pattern for multiple vehicles. Measure them and see if all 10 lugs are on a common PCD. e.g. 5 x 4.5" common Ford, 5 x 4.75" common Chrsyler pattern. What's the date code on them?

Julian