[DeTomaso] removing second set of stock rear brake calipers?

John Taphorn jtaphorn at kingwoodcable.com
Sun Mar 7 13:31:54 EST 2010

Jim

Some thoughts

1) The drag is probably because of a sticking caliper piston.  I wouldn't
think that a properly adjusted rear caliper would add significant drag.
2) The stock proportioning valve reduced braking force to the front
calipers.
3) Not running the valve makes an excellent case for the additional rear
caliper.
4) I'd leave them on if you are not concerned about unsprung weight - If you
fix the sticking piston(s), I would think that your brake balance would be
better and your stopping force improved.

JT