[DeTomaso] Rack 'n' Roll in the Great Northwest

Mike Thomas mbefthomas at comcast.net
Sun Mar 7 12:38:52 EST 2010

Yesterday was a great day in the Pacific Northwest!

Panteras Northwest played host to the ever-traveling Mike Drew for a
long-awaited steering rack rebuild tech session yesterday, March 6.  We been
lucky to have an incredible string of good weather so far this year, and
yesterday was no exception, with clear sunny skies and about 60 degrees by
afternoon.

Jeff and Kimmie Kimball, long-time members of the NW Pantera community,
hosted the event on their property in Renton, WA, about 15 miles SE of
Seattle.  Jeff had the pole barn set up for our shop and the garage as the
"clubhouse", and we had about 20 folks show up, with 7 racks to rebuild.
Thanks to the sunshine, which Mike was all too happy to claim credit for, we
also had 5 Panteras join us.

 We got started at about 9:30 in the morning, and since everybody who needed
help was kind enough to show up with their rack in hand, thoroughly cleaned
up, we were able to cycle through all 7 racks by about 2:00 that afternoon.
Even Mike Drew commented that he had never seen so many racks so clean
before.

Thanks again to Mike, and everybody who came out.  It was a great start to
the year!  We'll be putting a complete write up with artwork out to Mike for
a future issue of Profiles.

Mike Thomas, VP
Panteras Northwest