[DeTomaso] Headlight Raising Speed

Rob Dumoulin rob at dumoulins.net
Sun Mar 7 09:08:00 EST 2010

One of my headlight limit switches failed and it burned up my headlight
motor. I took my buckets and old motor and am waiting for my new motor and
switches from Steve Wilkenson (I got a new turn signal while I was at it).
Even freshly greased, the headlight weight requires significant effort to
raise.  Out of curiosity, I added a spring between the radiator mount and
the gear assembly where the motor attaches.  It takes less effort to raise
now and still closes all the way. I've got a week to wait until my new parts
come in to tell how it works with the motor.  Has anybody else done this and
if so, do the headlights come up quicker?

Rob