[DeTomaso] How do you remove powder paint?

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Sun Mar 7 02:47:21 EST 2010

In a message dated 3/6/10 1:06:16 PM, kenn_green at yahoo.com writes:

> I bought a couple windshield wiper grills and am trying to refinish
> them.  A friend tried bead blasting them for me but made really slow progress.
> Does stripper work?  MEK?

Maybe try Aircraft Stripper (a brand). This evil yellow stuff will loosen
Bondo and even old epoxies! Use thick rubber gloves and clothes you don't
care about. Its a gel-like substance and will hang on vertical surfaces but the
grilles are small enough to fit submerged in a steel tray. Afterwards,
figure on hot water and hot chlorinated solvent to remove excess stripper.Good
luck- J DeRyke