[DeTomaso] Balsa bumper front!!!

Espen Graffer espeng at getmail.no
Sat Mar 6 04:07:26 EST 2010

I know Gøran likes to go fast in corners too, and also the brakes and
suspension do better with a light car.
F1 cars have about the same hp as Gøran (I think), but weigh just around 600
kg's, so there's still room for improvement here!

Keep on Gøran! Very interesting to follow. :-)

espen in norway

---------------
> Well, they made the plane in balsa, and kontiki, so I guess bumpers
> will du fine, but tho be honest I don't understad why he are ligten
> the car so much.. If you got so much HP in a pantera, why bother with
> a kilo or 10....
>
> Erik

It is very much about to see what I can do and how the result turns out to
work. Also, if the car is lighter the tire size to weight ratio becomes
much better. Simply put, if the car weight is reduced by 50% the tires
will appear as twice as wide. This will rise cornering power. And I want
to experience the difference, (along with a few other fellow Pantera
owners I guess).
Goran