[DeTomaso] Electrical question

SOBill at aol.com SOBill at aol.com
Thu Mar 4 19:56:09 EST 2010

Some one wire alternators can be used as one wire (load only) or  three
wire (load, indicator, and battery reference). If Powermaster says  their
alternator can't connect to the indicator and use a battery  reference, I would
assume they know what they are talking about. Look on  the body of alternator
and see if you find an unused connector with two pins in  it.

The only time the alternator would be pumping out 100A is if it is  trying
to charge a dead battery. If you make sure you don't try to use the
alternator to charge a dead battery, and you haven't installed megawatt audio
boomers, the standard Pantera wiring is adequate for the standard Pantera loads.
 The alternator only puts out enough current to support the actual load at
the  desired battery voltage.

Running a wire second wire from the alternator to the battery wire  on the
starter solenoid (and thus to the battery) will make the ammeter useless
because the battery voltage will be connected to both side of the  ammeter.

SOBill  Taylor
sobill at aol.com

In a message dated 3/4/2010 4:35:07 P.M. Pacific Standard Time,