[DeTomaso] Next tool for the community toolchest?

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Thu Mar 4 16:54:17 EST 2010

This is cool stuff, especially being able to build in place items like
the crescent wrench.  However....

A machine shop is not going to be able to do that.  A machine shop
will need to build each part separately.  So the build in place
crescent wrench is out.  But all the other uses would be great.

So my question is, in the case of the steam valve they reproduced for
Jay, does the system output a CAD file ready for a CNC machine to whip
out that piece in steel?  If so, then it's a great system.  I can see
something like this being very useful.

The 3D scanner was way cool to begin with.

Asa Jay