[DeTomaso] Next tool for the community toolchest?

Garth Rodericks garth_rodericks at yahoo.com
Thu Mar 4 16:21:30 EST 2010

FWIW, a buddy of mine has one of these stereo lithography machines in his garage (he does rapid prototyping on the side).
It's pretty amazing. To demo the capabilities for me, he fed in a CAD file for an adjustable Crescent wrench and
'printed' out a fully functioning working adjustable wrench made of ABS plastic. Then he did the same with a
bearing - inner and outer races with captured ball bearings in between - and it came out as a complete assembly.

I pinged him to see if he has the 3D scanner to get an idea what cost might be to prototype/reproduce a part if anyone is interested.

Cheers!
Garth