[DeTomaso] Sealing ZF acorn nuts group buy

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Mar 4 14:16:27 EST 2010

Hi guys,

I got another quote back from the ZF self-sealing acorn nut people; they
offer stainless steel nuts for $2.65 each with a min buy of 100, plus
shipping.   I can't remember exactly how many are needed for a ZF but I think it's
around 18, so my proposal would be to sell them in batches of 20.

They would come to me with a dull finish; I would then polish them to a
bright luster before shipping.

The nature of this design is that there is metal-to-metal contact between
the face of the nut and the surface it's being tightened against, so proper
torque can be achieved, even with sealing.

Several of you indicated interest; I now need four people willing to cough
up, say, $60 for a set of 20; once I have those commitments I'll go ahead
and order them, and will be able to ship them out to everyone a few days after
I receive them (which they say may be 2-3 weeks).

If 25 people signed on, the group price would drop to under $50.

Lemme know!