[DeTomaso] Interesting

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Wed Mar 3 11:06:08 EST 2010

I had contact wih the seller asking similar questions as to whether this was truly a later set up because I was under the impression that the post Ford cars came with an adjustable upper rear a-arm. My GT5 has an adjusatble a-arm with an outer heim instead of a ball joint, I had been told (and not questioned) that was stock on later cars. My rear uprights use the stepped stub axles and different bearings, although that would be hard to distinguish from just looking or photo's.

The sellers response was "My friend was the second owner the car had 3200 miles when we pulled the parts. I believe the number was like 9374 (Don't quote me on it) I own a 74 Pantera for the last 15 years. I was going to use this on my car. I do mind getting you all the numbers off the car because the GT5S is here in town. I could make some calls tomorrow because my friend has the numbers but I do not want to bother him unless you are serious. No tire kickers please the reserve is $3000.00. Let me know if you would like me to pursue this matter. The car was not an amerisport."

If you need replacement uprights & suspension then even at $3K it's probably not a bad price for the lot as a whole, but I'm still not 100% convinced you are getting GT5S upgrades, (unless someone on list more informed than I can chip in) so buy it with low expectation and if it turns out it is later style you are ahead.

Julian