[DeTomaso] Fw: Re: Airflow test #2

bill gaino gaino at earthlink.net
Wed Mar 3 07:49:39 EST 2010

My fan setup came with the car in 04. The previous owner had a rear mount radiator there. I ditched the radiator but kept the fans. They must be 10 years old because NOW most fans and shrouds are plastic. The condenser is a key component. Dual crossflow,Purchased from ackits.com I bought the largest that would fit in that area.I would look at some aftermarket fans from Summit. Sandeen rotary, 134a, factory evaporator and expantion valve, cone strainer removed. I finally replaced the hoses last year. The system runs really high pressure 350psi+ I had high limit, but it was not high enough and leaked. Fans come on with a switch that enables the compressor to run until the freeze switch in the evapoator cuts the compressor, the fans continue. It blows out back, and works great. We all love old cars but they usually lack a/c and drive like boats. Another consideration to blow out rather than in, is the exhaust gasses corrosive effect on the condensor.