[DeTomaso] Interesting

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Mar 3 04:11:21 EST 2010

In a message dated 3/2/10 11:39:10 PM, rimov at charter.net writes:

> I was under the impression the GT5s had a different suspension that
> 71-74s at least that was what Wilkinson told me years ago.

If you replace the whole front & rear uprights as an assembly (as shown in
the auction) onto an early car, you'll be fine. I suspect some of the detail
parts from a GT5-S suspension might not interchange onto an early car, so
maybe this is what Steve meant. I bolted a complete factory suspension system
(it even included dash-3 Aeroquip flex lines!) onto a friend's '72 pre-L
some 18 years ago, and we raced the car for 6 yrs afterward. The only problem
was front hood clearance to the larger diameter power brake booster that was
included; it bolted on but needed a large dent in the floor and hood to
clear. So we used the original booster which worked fine. FWIW- J Deryke