[DeTomaso] Airflow test #2

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Mar 3 02:51:15 EST 2010

In a message dated 3/2/10 5:19:11 PM, matt at nwpantera.com writes:

> An adjustable limiter switch would be better in what ways? I'm sure it's
> explained in the article I can't find!

In my particular case, it was an advantage. I replaced 95% of our Panteras
rubber A/C lines with aluminum hard lines, using only enough rubber to
isolate engine vibration. This came about after I ruptured my 3rd set of rubber
lines in the 20+ years we've owned our '72 and I was sick of them leaking and
popping. But the aluminum hard lines are of an unknown strength so I
reduced the line pressures for safety, and will gradulally sneak them up until I
find the limit.... once the temp gets warm enough to run the AC! Reducing
line pressure also reduces AC efficiency; I'll eventually find a sweet spot I
can live with. Cheers- J Deryke
Cheers- J Deryke