[DeTomaso] Airflow test #2

Tomas Gunnarsson guson at home.se
Tue Mar 2 17:21:24 EST 2010

<<<I'll stick my neck out and say that it's highly unlikely that the
condenser/shroud/fan assembly will make any difference regarding
grille airflow direction with the fan turned off.>>>

Perhaps, but real the issue here is what air is available, and at what
speeds, for the A/C condenser.

>>We already know from the video that at all speeds we may use the inside
air or the outside air from a spontaneous airflow point of view. The running
fan will overwhelm it anyway.

Until the fan-shroud-condenser is installed and the test is run...with
the fan operating...we haven't answered the actual question at hand.

>>The original question was, does air flow in or out of the condenser hole
without the fan. Or did I miss something? That a running fan pulls air in is
already known. Otherwise we'd have no operational AC and we do, don't we?

Perhaps tufts of yarn mounted on the...inside...of the condenser
should be considered once Matt gets to that point of the adventure.
This might more truly show usable air flow through the condenser.

>>It doesn't matter where you measure the flow, it'll be the same whether
you measure it at the fan or through the grille. As long as the shroud is
sealed against the body of course.

Tomas