[DeTomaso] Candy in Le Mans Classic 2010

Patrick Hals patrickhals at skynet.be
Tue Mar 2 13:06:25 EST 2010

Yes Mike, you are right.
In 2008, only 3 Panteras were initially accepted in Plateau 6. ( one in Plateau 5 , Fabrice Equer)
To my surprise, when arriving in the Le Mans Paddock on the Wednesday before the week end, I noticed 5 DT plates above the stands, in 5 different places. 2873 ex Reggazzoni-Parkes car and my ex replica 6819 had been accepted on the reserve list. As several cars collapsed during practice, ( including 2873 ) Jean Charles Faulx could participate to the event. He and myself were the only Panteras to finish the three races. Belgium did as good as in 1972 and 75 with Team Claude Dubois
With some friends at night, we had moved the DT plates and put all the 5 cars next to each other... You know, Pantera boyzzz love to parade together ( and to cordially help themselves)  It was too late when the organizers noticed that the plates had been moved, no one would accept to move back to its first place !
Too bad we can't put pictures on the Forum...
Pat