[DeTomaso] Candy in Le Mans Classic 2010

Patrick Hals patrickhals at skynet.be
Tue Mar 2 08:34:20 EST 2010

It is a real honor and a priviledge  ( and a REAL pleasure) to have been
elected among so many prestigious cars. See the full the list on
www.lemansclassic.com, index Competition, list of participants.
Le Mans Classic will celebrate its 5th anniversary this year, and it will be
the best LMC ever, by far.
Incidently, it is also the largest and most popular classic event in Europe,
comparable to Monterey Historics ( where Candy raced too in the 90's)
To tell you how popular the event is, some figures :
More than 80.000 people attending the w e , close to a thousand cars applied
for registration, and only around 400 will be retained, 5000 classic cars in
exhibition...
15 Porsche 935 sent a request ( among those, 10 LM chassis ) 25 E Type Jag
lightweight, and 15 Panteras, including 5 factory chassis ( 2342 Warhol, my
ex car, 2343, only factory GR5 in existence, 2858, ex Spitfero car-Achilli
Motori, 2862 ( Candy ) and 2873, ex Parkes Regazzoni car.
Apart from Candy, the two other "happy few" cars are 5855, a factory GR3,
modified in GR4, raced at LM 1975, just purchased recently by David Gasken
in UK for a very good price ( will participate to Goodwood Festival of Speed
as well) and the Martin Jorgens beautiful replica ( I can never remember its
VIN, sorry )  which will be racing LMC for the third time in a row.
GR4 Pantera is really becoming the "must car" in Europe for racing.
I just hope that some of you will join us for this unique event
Thanks to all for your support.
Pat

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4908 (20100302) __________

http://www.eset.com