[DeTomaso] oil leak, any one ever have this happen to them.

Larry - Ohio Time Corp larry at ohiotimecorp.com
Mon Mar 1 09:28:48 EST 2010

One thing I have been doing for many years is to put the old filter and the
new filter end to end, giving it a little twist.

After doing this look at each filters end. On the old filter you want to
make sure that the rubber seal is still there, on the new filter you want to
make sure that the rubber seal is coated with oil from the old seal. This
will insure that you have the proper filter as the seals are in the same
place. A wipe of you finger will evenly coat the seal with oil.

Larry (done way to many oil changes) - Cleveland