[DeTomaso] Track Car/Street Car news

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Jun 30 21:23:41 EDT 2010

In a message dated 6/30/10 5:06:40 PM, julian_kift at hotmail.com writes:
snip....
> what it is not is a renamed Pacific Region Ferrari Club/Norcal Shelby
> Club Virginai City Hillclimb as that still takes place 18-19 September. That
> is as long as this latest death does not cause the authorities to pull the
> event permit.

This is apparently a complicated event to organize, since it starts in one
county and finishes in another, within the city limits of a town. So there
are multiple use permits needed including another one from the State. They
officially shut down the 5.2-mile truck route into town just like the Open
Road events. I have no idea what kind of insurance it takes. Probably won't
affect the other events: Nevada still regards adults as entities that are
capable of making their own decisions and taking responsibility for the results.
FWIW, the car went off the road, rolled down a 150-ft deep embankment. No
other info in the news. FWIW- J DeRyke