[DeTomaso] DeTomaso Digest, Vol 71, Issue 30-Track Car/ Street Car

RCBSONS1 at aol.com RCBSONS1 at aol.com
Wed Jun 30 11:35:09 EDT 2010

I have always tried to have the best of both worlds
In my dirt bike world. We now ride street legal bikes
for two days plus out in the middle of the mountains
and then ride into a Hotel to cleanup and tell lies
about how fast we were.

My Pantera has been a work in progress over the years
and is now what I call the perfect Track/Car street car
I run stiff suspensions and Dot road race tires on all
my cars.  The Pantera is the only one that does not ride
like a truck or rattle itself to death when cruising around.
I just did 120 miles last weekend starting at the Stanford
Car Show and then over the hill and down the coast.
It has Autocrossed, Hillclimbed, Silverstated, Tracked
and participated in many car shows winning many awards but most
importantly I enjoyed using the car for what it is intended.

It is accepted with Euro dudes and the Muscle Car guys
I love to talk about the mark and see how people respond to a
38 year old car that still turns heads... most of all the Pantera
community is one of the most giving of all car groups

Like one of our past members stated "Drive it"

Bob Benson #3 Black Pantera