[DeTomaso] comments from track drivers on The best

Patrick Hals patrickhals at skynet.be
Tue Jun 29 10:20:45 EDT 2010

I've read all comments and seen the video.
The car is racing in Spa (Belgium) a couple of weeks ago, which is so to
speak " in my garden", and that i know quite well.
The race is a "Classic Endurance racing " race ( see
www.classicenduranceracing.com" which is a European series organized by
Peter Auto, the organizer of Le Mans Classic and French Tour Auto.
The best classic race cars from all over Europe ( and sometimes, Japan,
Australia or the US ) participate to this highly selective series.
You can find the results of the race on their website, in the "Spa" section.
What I can say, apart from all technical and practical comments made on the
forum, is that the driver has made a record lap in 2 minutes and 43
seconds.
This is 5 seconds faster than I ever did with Candy , but, honestly,  he
probably is a better driver than me ! Thumbs up to him, and to me, there are
even places where he could still possibly be half of a second to a full
second faster, as his trajectories are not 100 % perfect, and he misses the
apex sometimes !
The engine takes RPM's like there would be even more to come, the car seems
to be glued on the track ( I wonder what tyres and rubbers he used ), brakes
seem powerful and endurant ( my main Candy problem) and I can go on and
on.... well, to make a long story short, I am impressed ! Congrats to him. I
just hope we shall meet with him at Le Mans Classic very soon.
Pat

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 5237 (20100629) __________

http://www.eset.com