[DeTomaso] Grill Material

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Mon Jun 28 14:52:18 EDT 2010

In a message dated 6/28/10 11 30 57, gow2 at rc-tech.net writes:

> The remaining
> hole I wish to fill with the standard grill material used in these cars.
> Does anyone have a source for this material?

Doing an archeological dig on my desk, I found at the bottom of a pile,
inches from my keyboard, a sample sent to me by the Howard Wire Cloth Company
of Hayward, CA.   It's labelled "2 mesh, .080 wire" and is constructed
identically to the factory grilles.   The only deviation is in the hole spacing;
the originals are metric while this one is 1/2 inch (that is, 2 wires per
inch, hence '2 mesh').

Once you install this stuff, nobody in the world will tell the difference.
 I will send you a photo of this sample laid atop a factory grille.

www.howardwire.com
(510) 887-8787.