[DeTomaso] POCA FORUM

Asa Jay Laughton asajay at asajay.com
Sun Jun 27 17:14:56 EDT 2010

I love you Larry....
but...
On 6/27/2010 11:22, fresnofinches at aol.com wrote:
> The icon in the left column is either blue, for nothing new, or green, for something added since your last log in.
>
> And how is opening several topics any harder than opening a multitude of emails?

With email, I simply hover over the [Delete] key.  When one email is
deleted, the next one opens, hit delete, the next one opens, etc.  Much
easier than mouse-clicking my way through the topics, even if they -are-
marked which have and have not been read since my last visit (which by
the way is a feature I enjoy).
> Additionally, you do not need to log in each time. Log in, click remember me and use your browser's autofill if needed.
>
> I just visited and the site recognized me and I was logged in, with full viewing privileges,  with zero action on my part.

Well um... yea... if you don't like high security.  In my case, I don't
allow -any- website to "remember me" and have my browser set to delete
all cookies on exit.  It also forces me to remember my passwords since I
have to re-enter them on every visit.  In a one case when I -did- allow
a site to remember me (which I no longer do), I had used the feature so
long I forgot my password and there was no easy way to recover it, in
that particular case.
> While the POCA album is a nice dump for photos that can be linked in the email forum, in the new POCA forum you can include the photo right there in the post.

Including photos in a post is a very nice feature and one I usually take
advantage of when using an on line forum.
> Like Julian, I am active on both forums and they do have a different flavor to them. I'd like the new POCA forum to just supersede the old one, but understand there are many who just don't adapt well. Sort of like Vegas to Reno - some made the transition, others found excuses why they couldn't.
>
> So I use both, but the PI forum is at the top of my favorites for available content posting features.

I'm a member of both, but you rarely see me post on the PI forum, I
simply don't take the time (for reasons mentioned previously).  However,
there is -also- a feature of the PI forum whereby you can subscribe to
any threads you happen to be participating in or watching.  And what
does -that- do you ask?  Well... it -emails- you anytime a new post has
been made, and actually contains the text of the post (up to xx
characters).  So even though I'm a member of the PI forum, I still get
most of the postings by email, where again I can simply use the [Delete]
key until I find one a wish to respond to.  Then I click the link in the
email, log in, respond and mark all topics read.

I like both, but tend to take advantage of the email forum more.  For
me, it's at the top of my list for immediate interaction.  However, the
PI forum is right up there.
> Here are some of the reason's why I like being able to post photos in the threads at PI:
>
> http://tinyurl.com/ReasonsTOuseTHEnewFORUM

Um.........uh........  yea... can't touch that.

Asa Jay
:)