[DeTomaso] Barrett Jackson results

Julian Kift julian_kift at hotmail.com
Sun Jun 27 12:07:29 EDT 2010

BJ operates on "all no reserve" all of the time.

I understood that a seller could buy his/her car back, but ultimately like any bidder it's going to cost you the 10% buyers premium. Now there may be instances where a seller sees that as an option against a ridiculously low sale price, but are you saying there is a more preferential deal than that for sellers? I cannot see how that would be sustainable or legal, as an owner would have undue incentive to bid his car up in which case it might as well be a reserve auction.

I heard the white GP4 had bid up to $59K in Palm Springs with a no sale, IMO someone was being way too greedy at that point and likely got burned at $27K (less sellers fees).

Julian