[DeTomaso] Window Lowering Mod Question

Mark Charlton pantera01826 at rogers.com
Sun Jun 27 10:42:36 EDT 2010

Bill,

Thanks for the great write-ups on these two mods. I am doing the
Taurus window motors and all is progressing well thus far thanks to
your superb instructions and photos.

I also want to do the window lowering mod but am concerned about
whether this will work on earlier cars. On my '71, the short arm that
attaches to the large power lift mechanism arm is curved and not
straight as in the later (your) cars. Also, there are two adjustment
stops/screws attached the the window retainer assembly that look like
they will interfere with the lowering process.

Has anyone done this mod on a pre 2000 series car that can confirm it
will work before I go and start cutting and grinding stuff away?

Much appreciated!

Mark Charlton
pantera01826 at rogers.com