[DeTomaso] Barrett Jackson results

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Sat Jun 26 20:43:35 EDT 2010

In a message dated 6/26/10 17 40 17, P6746 at aol.com writes:

> Lot 342:  '72  Group IV clone  Bid $27,000  Total cost  $29,700
>
> Lot 360.1  '73 "Pure Gold"  Bid $30,000 Total cost $33,000
>
> Definitely not a place to move a Pantera.

I don't understand why people continue to entrust Panteras to B-J.
Nothing against the B-J people, but the B-J audience simply isn't interested in
them, and the bidding reflects that.   Russo and Steele is probably a more
appropriate venue for a Pantera.

Of course, Pur Gold would be a tough sell in any market.   Heck, the gold
plating alone is probably worth today's purchase price!   I shudder to think
what George sunk into that car, between the restoration of the body, the
leather interior, the gold plating, the fuel-injected 4.6 engine, etc. etc. but
I wouldn't be surprised if it was on the far side of $150K. :<(