[DeTomaso] 5000. car

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Fri Jun 25 20:10:06 EDT 2010

In a message dated 6/25/10 13 38 38, cars at wt-inc.com writes:

> Long story-short; if I had spent an extra $15,000 on a better car I would
> have saved $25,000.  Two kids have graduated since I bought that car,
> neither have sat in it and at the rate I'm going neither of the next two
> will take it to senior prom either.

I did essentially the same thing; my car was undriveable for 17 years (!)
after I bought it.

I always tell prospective buyers that no matter what they want, determine
the absolute maximum amount of money they can afford to spend up-front, and
then go buy a car at least $5-10K MORE than that amount.   Just do whatever
it takes.   You will be MUCH happier and save a LOT of money in the long run.