[DeTomaso] 5K Pantera

clark griswold clarkwgriswold2nd at gmail.com
Thu Jun 24 22:03:44 EDT 2010

well. I agree with Boyd's analysis of the cars condition...when i look at
the photos closely i see what he's talking about for sure. BUT...on the
flipside, i said earlier that if its too good to be true, some times its
still true....basically im trying to fight the general consensus that good
deals or even great deals dont exist anymore....there are still barn finds,
not that this is one, but they do exist. mostly i just want people to have
faith that not every deal out there has to have a catch...personally,
i still see this 5k car in modesto for exactly what I think the seller
does. i think as a rough, crappy body kit fitted, rusted out parts shell
with bad wheels and pieces missing...i think its STILL a 5000.00 car. Also,
i think it was most wisely said earlier that it completely depends on one's
goals. I personally never saw this car as an opportunity to build a
driver...of course if someone bought this car it would cost them an
outrageous fortune to hunt down all the pieces to make it a complete car....
it would nickle and dime you to death...the car is a parts car...and its
worth every bit of 5 grand in parts...I'll bet. like it said before...get on
ebay or somewhere and add up a conservative value for the parts you can
see...even if they arent in great shape....just average condition deck lid,
qtrs, inner wheel houses both sides, potentially all the glass,
firewall...etc...you will find its well worth that in parts, IMO.

but then again....i like junk...so im probably biased....  =)