[DeTomaso] History of Pantera # 3400

MikeLDrew at aol.com MikeLDrew at aol.com
Thu Jun 24 11:24:35 EDT 2010

In a message dated 6/24/10 8 13 16, boyd411 at gmail.com writes:

> I have never been a corvette fan or collector but my understanding (
> which
> may be totally wrong) was that "matching numbers " meant the original car
> had the same number for the vin, the engine etc so you could tell if a car
> was "all original " because all the numbers "Matched" in other words were
> the same #.  Thats what I meant when I said Pantera's did not have
> "matching
> numbers" Do I have this wrong or right?

"Matching numbers" means that all the numbers on the various major
components on the car match the corresponding numbers on the build sheet--correct
engine, rear axle, transmission, etc. etc.   They won't all be the *same*
number.   If you look at your title or registration,   you'll normally find a
VIN and an engine number, for instance.   (Some states don't bother listing
the engine number).   Those numbers are always very different.