[DeTomaso] History of Pantera # 3400

detomasoregistry at gmail.com detomasoregistry at gmail.com
Wed Jun 23 23:49:47 EDT 2010

Boyd,

Motor numbers (block numbers) were used from the beginning of Pantera production.

For example the earliest Pantera in the Registry with a known motor number is 1006 with a
motor number of 4 (00004).

One can search the Registry by motor number:

http://www.provamo.com/Members/Registry/SearchMotorNum.asp

Note that there are block numbers for non-Pantera models.

For details on matching motor numbers see:

http://www.provamo.com/Members/DeTomasoFactory/PlateNumbers/MatchingMotorNumber.asp

Chuck

I had always been told there was "no such thing" as a matching number
Pantera. Well wrong again! Live and learn. Thanks for setting me straight.
Now I have to go check my car. Where on the block do I look? And what is the
number listed as on the build tag?
Thanks,
Boyd