[DeTomaso] Modern Science Question- Oil and Water?

steven.liebenow at att.net steven.liebenow at att.net
Wed Jun 23 19:46:25 EDT 2010

I have drained until I got "foam".   I'll see what sitting all night did for it.....if it is still the consistency of something you'd see in your Starbucks cup in the morning  (not deep dark brown), I'll drop the pan oil and put in 4 new quarts and set the rest off to the side to settle out.....  Any residual amounts left in the oil will burn out eventually. Not like I'm pumping a gallon of water thru the motor by itself.....the foam has oil in it too.......sort of like a bad case of plugged up PCV valve goop!

Ciao!
Steve