[DeTomaso] Clutch Help

JDeRyke at aol.com JDeRyke at aol.com
Wed Jun 23 14:55:10 EDT 2010

Tom, I've had the soft pedal while driving thing, and in my case it had
nothing to do with the slave cylinder or any adjustments.
Simply put, the MASTER cylinder suddenly began bypassing. The answer in my
case seemed to be- theentire clutch system wears out as a unit. When
replacing only the slave in a system, the extra load of a new slave sometimes
overcomes a worn master cylinder, and- like the slave cylinder- can fail
internally with no visible leaks. If you have a useable master cylinder around, try
substituting it and see if the mystery goes away.
Good luck- J DeRyke